Friday 9 December 2016

Book 'em, Danno



Here are some shopping strategies for Christmas.

To save money, I buy people only book covers, instead of the entire book. When they complain, I tell them to stop judging the book by its cover.

I hate studio versions of Books on CD. They're so overproduced. I much prefer to buy the live concert version of the reading, where the author can improvise and really show off his/her writing skills. It feels like actually being there.

Most of the time, I don't even buy books. I don't know what people want to read. I buy book marks, because I'm pretty sure the person won't read an entire book in one sitting, so they'll really need the book mark.

I go into Chapters, pick my favourite book, and read one page a day, until I'm finished. Saved loads of money that way.

For people who maybe I don't like too much, but am required to buy a gift for, I buy a book and tear out the last page. They get the last page the next Christmas.