Monday 11 April 2016

Pinkish Hue Shirt Day


I don't like Pink Shirt Day.

It's for a good cause and all. I just don't own anything pink, and I look horrible in it anyway.

I wish it was called Pinkish Hue Shirt Day.

I have tons of shirts in a pinkish hue, on account of the fact that I always wash my white t-shirts with my black underwear and red jeans. It took a while, but now I have lots of pinkish hue stuff.

Or maybe Rosy Glow Shirt Day. I have lots of shirts with a rosy glow because I wash my red shirts with my white underwear and black socks. It took a while, but now I have lots of rosy glow stuff.

Still, I don't like days where everyone does the same thing and you're told exactly how you should observe the occasion.

I would much prefer cmyk Shirt Day. Cmyk (cyan, magenta, yellow, black) are the four colours that printers combine to make up all the printing you see in magazines and on boxes and everything else.

That way I can make my own colour and feel like an individual.

If you are too lazy to make your own colour, you can have Pantone Shirt Day. Pantone colours are pre-mixed colours ready to be used. Pick a pantone number (193) and you are ready to celebrate the day.

I don't know why there isn't a colour blind shirt day. An entire subset of the population left out.

Or, I could just learn to do my laundry properly and celebrate Pink Shirt Day in the traditional way.