Saturday 9 February 2019

Waking Up Dead

I saw this guy being interviewed about getting stuck in an avalanche out West. At one point he says, "I woke up and thought I was dead."

That happened to me once when I was staying at a Motel 6 on my way to New York City. I woke up and saw the breakfast and thought, that's it, I'm toast. I think that was toast. Didn't look or smell like toast so it probably wasn't. I ate it because the Virgin Mary's face was on one of the slices.

Is that how it really works? Death, I mean. If I can think I'm dead, how can I be dead? In that case, what's the difference between being alive and dead?

I would need more proof. Like my jeans won't stay up no matter how tight my belt is, I smell really bad and the government tells me I don't owe any more taxes.

My life insurance broker once told me of a story about his near life experience. He was never the same after that. He swore never to enjoy life again. Sold more insurance than ever.