Thursday 21 February 2019

Cubicles

One of the worst aspects of working in a corporate environment is being relegated to the slums, also known as the cubicle.

Being in a maze of cubicles always made me feel like I was a letter in a giant crossword puzzle. I was "L" for loser.

Or maybe I was a pill in one of those multi-box pill containers that old people have when they take 37 types of medicine to keep their diseased heart beating. I always hoped I was cyanide, and I could end things quickly at any moment. Like when some idiot would pretend to knock on my cubicle wall, which was really a giant cushion. "Oh, just come in for fuck's sake. It's obvious I don't have a door. Or a roof over my head. I'm poor corporate folk."

Every once in a while I would poke my head up, like a scuba diver who needs to refill his tank. Oops, rose too quickly. I have the corporate bends.

Guess I'll just sit here and eavesdrop. Or get a life.

I did!