Tuesday 20 March 2018

24/7 Internet

Isn't it awesome that the internet is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week?

I remember when I first got hooked up, I thought it was going to be the internet store. Strictly a 9 to 5 operation. Or worse. Remember those "banking hours" in the old days – 11-3? Every Friday afternoon at 2:59 I'd rush three red lights and swerve around 2 pedestrians in my mom's car, speeding to the bank to see a teller, who would count out paper money for me. "I need beer money, please." That's so last epoch. "Hey, I got here one minute before closing. You can't kick me out."

Two hundred dollars back then seemed to be the magic figure for me to drink all weekend and maybe eat some food. Mostly drink. Sometimes all drink. Bit of food. Maybe.

Turns out I was wrong about the internet. It wasn't at all like my local Beckers. Are you telling me I can visit the internet "store" without a shirt on? No shoes? Awesome.

Sign me up.

The rest is history, which you can Google, 24 hours a day.