Monday 17 January 2022

The Kellogg Cartel


Yesterday I was just hanging out, not doing much at all and I began to wonder. What's new in Mexico?

Well, I read up on it.

A few weeks ago an elite team of highly trained Mexican soldiers (Seal Team Dos Equis?) actually raided a slew of corner stores across their great nation, in search of…Kellogg's cereal.

Banana clips a'blazin', the supermen in black seized thousands of offending Kellogg's Corn Flakes cereal boxes. The crime? Illegal cartoon images that encourage kids to eat more sugar.

Being rational and level-headed, I assumed Mexico had tamed its famed drug cartels and is moving on to the cereal cartels. 

I can imagine the new shows. El Cap'n Crunch. Narcos: Frosted Mini Wheats. Traffic – Jam and Toast. Breaking Bran.

Could sugar be a gateway drug? From tooth cavities to nasal cavities makes a lot of sense.

I don't know. Which is better for little Johnny? Eating a little sugar and hanging from the monkey bars, or growing up and hanging off a bridge from his ankles, minus his head? It's a subtle distinction, I know.

Also, who the hell came up with Nutter Butter? Is that a real thing? Do people put that in their…mouths?