Thursday 24 September 2015

In Poor Taste

TRIGGER WARNING: IF YOU THINK THE POPE HAS THE DOPE ON GOOD LIVING, I SUGGEST READING ONE OF THE OTHER 500 TRILLION ARTICLES ON THE WEB.

A new Pope is on a new world tour.

No one is bigger than the Pope. Not even the Beatles. The Pope is bigger than Jesus, but only because Jesus is a constant no show.

 I was struck by one of the Pope's many pithy sayings.

"Let poverty be your mother."

Really? Do we get to eat food, or is it just breast milk every day? Breast milk is too sweet for me, although I sure like the "bottle" it comes in.

Lord knows my mom (dad too) wasn't perfect, but she decided we should live in a house, go to school and get a job. All things said, wise choices.

I don't know. I think I'd rather have Mommy Dearest's Joan Crawford as a mom.

The Pope has a taste for being poor. Tastes kind of bland to me.

It's curious that this advice was only given to Cubans. I hope he doesn't mind if I aspire to be dirt poor as well.

"May the Lord give us these graces: poverty and mercy…*"

Yup, that's the Pope speaking again.

I added the asterix.

Don't worry, everyone can still be poor. The Pope just forgot to mention the $50 million spent to keep him safe.

Hmmm, what kind of cookie goes with breast milk?