Tuesday 14 January 2020

Toddler Jesus

Have you ever seen a painting of the toddler Jesus?

Nope.

Only adult and baby versions.

That's a shame. I have so many questions.

How quickly did He progress as a toddler? Did he go straight from crawling to walking on water? I figure He must have practiced even a little bit. Started walking on puddles so He wouldn't drown. Maybe even a puddle of His own urine. Then onto the bathtub. Neighbours swimming pool.

It occurred to me maybe He tried walking on ice first, just to be safe. Probably fell in a few times but kept going. Then I remembered it was probably hard to find ice in Bethlehem. I doubt the Inn down the road had an ice machine back then.

You know when you're in a dessert and you see that optical illusion that looks like shimmering water on the sand? I bet you Jesus was fooled by that. "Hey, I'm a gonna walk on that water." Then He falls flat on His face. Poor Jesus.

That took His self-esteem down a few pegs. Got Him ready for the nailing to the cross and being dead for 3 days.

Still, overall a gifted dude.