Tuesday 19 December 2017

Blurds


The English language excels at creating words that blur comprehension. Fuzzy words. Words that blur comprehension are called blurds.

Case in point: Refresh

"Hey, you must have had a great sleep. You look so refreshed."

Now, how can I wake up in the morning and be re-freshed? The question is, when was I first "freshed"? When did the "freshing" begin, when did it stop, and when did it start again, thereby introducing the "re" part of refreshed?

See my point?

This is how it should work – in the morning, you look "freshed" for that day. Then you work all day for some scumbag sucking dufus bag boss, who wears you down like a pile of new dollar bills soaked in your own sweat for 8 months and then tumbled in a hot clothes dryer for 7 weeks. So you go bitchy-drinking with your co-workers, and you become re-freshed.

Refesh is a blurd.

There are many. Retard is one of them. When was I first tarded, and what does it mean to be tarded? Beats me.

What if I am tardy all the time. Am I retardy? No! Doesn't exist.

Confused? Keep an eye out for blurds.