Wednesday 27 January 2016

Oscar Wilde and Crazy Night

Are you gonna boycott the Oscars?

This is really pressing on my mind.

I'm not sure yet. So many of the films that I adore weren't nominated, like any of the Three Stooges movies. Plus, I never watch the trashy show, so technically I can't boycott something I never subject myself to.

I wonder if all the poor countries in the world have made their decision on whether to boycott. Maybe we should wait and see what they say. Nothing like an empty stomach and no water to drink to put you in the Oscars mood, only to have it taken away because Hollywood is upset with itself.

I wonder how Chris Rock will handle the controversy. Aren't you just dying to know? He's so clever, and I'm sure his words will reverberate through history and far into the future, changing human nature as we know it. I also wonder if Chris can help me clean my guinea pig cage after the gig.

I was really hoping they would nominate the upcoming project between Woody Allen and Miley Cyrus. I know, it isn't made yet, it's not a movie, and they are both white. But the whole idea seems so fascinating to me. Woody Allen, Miley Cyrus, Donald Trump. Is the universe progressing as it should? I have no idea, but I have my doubts.

The whole race issue is touchy and very complicated, so I really can't cover it properly here.

But I will say something about a far more serious topic.

Why is it called BOYcott? Why not GIRLcott?

It's just not fair.