Thursday 24 October 2013

Newman loves to run these days

That's a strange title. Of course Newman loves to run. What would be all of a sudden about it? And what dog doesn't love to run? Except, maybe, for those tiny lap dogs that love the feel of fur coats on their belly.

Unfortunately, I don't mean "run", I mean "the runs".

For about a week now, Newman has not been spitting out poop popsicles but more like poop shakes.

This means getting up 3-4 times a night so he can go and mix another shake outside.

Our expert sources tell us that eating rice might help. That would be plain rice. I gave him spicy rice. Nice.

So now it's PLAIN rice every day until this madness stops. The toughest part has been teaching him how to use chop sticks. Even I have trouble with this.

The thing that really irks me is where Newman chooses to drop a shake when he can't hold it long enough to get outside. He drops it under the piano every time.

Is this a message? A comment on my musical skills? My teaching abilities?

Why not go near the t.v.? There's lots of crap on the t.v. Or the garbage? Poop and garbage kinda belong together.

It reminds me of that Sesame Street game, which one of these things doesn't belong with the other. I happen to think dog poop (any poop, really) and my musical abilities don't go together, thank you very much.

Tomorrow, kids, we'll learn about the time Mr. Snuffleupagus had the runs. Now that's scary.