Thursday 6 June 2013

Constitutional Law


The great thing about blogging is that I can do it while I'm sick at home.

Today I am sick. And I know whose fault it is. Well, I don't know the individual, but I know the group that is responsible. It's all those little kids I'm exposed to. They are like little germ butterflies, floating around and depositing deadly germs on me. Maybe they are flies, instead. Ya, that's a better image. Because Lord knows I want to swat them, if it weren't for all those responsible adults around them.

I get sick too often. I wish I were like my better half, who actually works harder when she gets sick. What a solid constitution. Written properly the first time and no need for changes.

My constitution is full of amendments. Like the second amendment - the right to bear sore arms. Last weekend at the cottage I went to get a tool from my neighbour's truck. It's this huge pickup truck the size of one of those Easter Island heads. I tried to open the door on the very back, you know, the pickup part of the truck. The handle is the size of my arm. I tried and tried, failed, but successfully hurt my arm and wrist. I nursed my cold, dead hand.

Freedom of assembly is a terrible right for me. That's what gets me sick in the first place. I need a fourth amendment, which prohibits unreasonable searches, seizures, colds, sore throats, aches and pains, and general weakness.

Or at least give me the sixth amendment, the right to a speedy recovery instead of a trial by fire. When I get sick, the germs move around my body like a sloth on a tree branch. I'm not that tall. What takes so long?

I just passed the thirteenth amendment for my constitution - it abolishes involuntary servitude to these germs. But the germs are holding a protest in my nose and now it goes to the supreme court -  the medicine cabinet. The aspirin is republican, the nyquil is democrat. Could go either way. Maybe a precedent will be set.