Wednesday 10 August 2022

Go Away Goatee

Don't you wonder how the goatee got started way back?

The beard? I understand. You get tired of shaving. In wintery climes it keeps you warm. Left alone, it grows naturally.

But trimming it down to a goatee? Did people get so tired of grooming styles that they had to look to farm animals to spice life up?

Honey, I'm tired of looking at my face.

Me too, sweetie.

I need something different. My imagination for changing my look only extends as far as the fact that I'm surrounded by farm animals.

Perfect, sweetie.

But which animal?

You've always enjoyed spending time with the goats, sweetie. Remember last Friday night?

Great idea.

Or maybe it was the brainchild of some old-time brilliant bank robber who got tired of covering his face with a handkerchief. Due to the heat, of course. Billy goat. The perfect disguise.

Honest, officer. The bank was heisted by a trip of goats with shot guns.

The money's probably been eaten by now.