Thursday 16 April 2020

Overcrowded

This city is getting harder and harder to move around in.

Yesterday I was walking down the sidewalk and, using my peripherals, I spot someone 4 kilometres away, heading straight for me. Good thing I had quality binoculars to confirm the sighting.

Jesus, I thought. Not another person. Shoulder to shoulder again.

Give me some space, dude.

I had 1 kilometre to figure out how I was going to navigate this near miss. Now I know how the Captain of the Titanic felt.

Why don't they stay home like everyone else?

For a second. Even less than a second, really. I thought maybe I should play Covid chicken with them. See who blinks first and crosses the street. I decided it was too soon to do something like this.

Turns out it was a mirage, associated with spending long days at home watching plants grow and videos on how they actually manufacture toilet paper. (it's a really loooong roll that they chop into smaller rolls)

Still. Gettin' damn crowded.