Wednesday 15 June 2016

Boiling Mad


This will disappoint many of you, but scientists have discovered that drinking scalding-hot beverages probably causes cancer.

Upon reading this news (http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/15/health/coffee-tea-hot-drinks-cancer-risk/index.html) I immediately ceased enjoying my favourite daytime pleasure - pounding back boiling water shots with a sprinkle of mint.

I suggest you do the same.

It appears that drinking liquids at near-boiling-point temps burns the esophagus. I'm not sure how the tongue escapes a few 2nd degree burns. He must be smarter than the esophagus. I always had a feeling my esophagus wasn't too bright.

This means a hot bbq charcoal cleanser after dinner is out of the question as well.

It appears that some cultures enjoy pouring lava-temp liquids into their bodies. I'm all for cultural respect.

A long, long time ago, the Russian orthodox church insisted that babies be baptized in water unchanged by humans in any way. That included temperature. No heating the water.

Winter babies died from their skinny-dip in the near-frozen holy water.

Excuse me, do you have any baptismal openings in July?

We're all booked.

Some very clever church people declared "something is awry" and stopped the practice. Or, they ran out of babies.

Can we learn from this? Dunno.

I hear experiments are tired of being the bearers of bad news.

One experiment in Holland has taken over a lab and is studying whether scientists cause cancer.